Tuesday, July 7, 2009

MY LITTLE PICASSO'S


It really isn't easy to find nice portrait and prints for a house. We looked around and around, and I never found anything that I really liked. I came up with the idea that maybe the kids could paint pictures and I could hang them in the house.
I had walked into someones house once and they had their children's art work laminated and up all along their walls, I always thought that to be so nice. WELL...Not after seeing what my kids can do:))))
They really had a good time...I could hear them laughing and kidding around. It was really nice to see and hear. They didn't want me to see the paintings until the finished products were completed. But...I sneaked in for some pictures for my blog;) lol
Mitchell had a game plan...Sarah wasn't quite sure...but it all came together very nicely!

Sarah painted this one...it is with water paints.

Sarah also painted this one, but with Oil paints. I figured out that using oil paints isn't really a great idea...it would of been a horrible thing if they were a lot younger though...that stuff just doesn't wash off!!

The next two paintings are Mitchell's, for the first one he says he got the idea of the tin foil from the show John And Kate Plus Eight. You can see it because the light hits it nicely:)

This is a project I would love for them to do again! I really love the way their paintings turned out and would really enjoy to have more for around the house:)





3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great work guys.. When do you start selling them. Looks like they are having a great time. Smart young people xx00nanna

Lise said...

Love that second one Sarah....if your mom doesn't give yu enough money for it, let me know and I'll buy from under her nose...heh heh

Lise said...

Mitchell, you have a talent as well, you and Sarah should go into business... :)